Saturday, August 12, 2006

Not all Koreans eat dogs


This was an event that I had promised my students for several weeks. "If you do one more page I'll bring my little dog over.", I would say when the hour long tutoring session had stretched beyond my 7 year old student's attention span. It worked a few times. Finally I had to ante up.
These kids had scarcely ever seen a dog this close up and couldn't decide if Rufus was the cutest or the most terrifying thing they had ever seen. In fact Yule, the one holding the Rufus, once came between a mama dog and her pups and got bit. His parents utilized hyptnotism and accupuncture for his fear and look at him now.
The little girl, Run, was perhaps most mesmerized by the baby like dog. Unfortunately, her zeal resulted in Rufus growling at her. She got so scared that she gave up the Kimchee and Koolaid she had only recently ingested. I guess Ru hadn't heard. Not all Koreans eat dogs.

No comments: