Friday, November 02, 2007

But What do you EAT?!!!

Since moving to a more "progressive" state, I have marveled and cooed at the refreshingly expansive options I have as a vegetarian. In the south I had all but excepted my fate as a salad or even salad bar regular. Most of my friends and family are not of the animal rights persuasion. This doesn't mean they are not accommodating, but one can only go to one of the two Thai restaurants with you before they get bored.
Though I still have few if any vegetarian friends, I am surrounded by incredible vegetarian restaurants! What is important to note is that these are HEALTHY vegetarian spots. One can enjoy organic, possibly locally grown juicy veggies cooked to vital perfection infused with just the right amount of flavor. Instead of the trans fat fried, cheese soaked mess that I'm used to.
The best part, is that it has become an adventure! There are cafes and full fledged restaurants scattered across L.A. in every economic and social bracket. There is the soul veg place in the USC area, the chic chic, though casual place in Santa Monica, the raw places...be careful here some bodies can't take the "purity", and the old Thai stand bye.
So, traffic sucks and the people here are a little less than friendly, but at least there are folks here who care about animals and the planet, and make it easy for me to do it too.

No comments: